Lake Washington Schools Foundation relies on private and public funding to sustain services and programs for students, families, and the community. We appreciate your financial support.
To make an in-kind donation, discuss a legacy gift, planned giving, or to request our Tax ID number, please call us at 425-936-1414 or email us at [email protected].
You can make a secure online donation using all major credit cards. You’ll receive an immediate emailed receipt.
Mail a Check
Mail a check to the address below and you’ll receive a mailed receipt within two weeks.
Lake Washington Schools Foundation
PO Box 83
Redmond, WA 98073
Lake Washington School Foundation is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Workplace giving is a way for employees to donate to charitable organizations of their choice, primarily through payroll pledges and matching gifts. Donations through payroll pledges enable Lake Washington Schools Foundation to spend less time fundraising and more time working to enrich the quality of our schools, engage the support of our community, and enhance opportunities for all students in the Lake Washington School District.
How to Give at Your Workplace
If you work for one of many corporations that include Lake Washington Schools Foundation in your workplace giving campaign, find Lake Washington Schools Foundation on your payroll pledge form.
Here are two ways you can give to Lake Washington Schools Foundation through your workplace giving campaign:
- Payroll Deduction: By far the most popular and easiest way to support Lake Washington Schools Foundation year-round, you instruct your employer to deduct a certain amount from your paycheck each pay period.
- One-time Payroll Deduction: Instruct your employer to deduct a single amount from one paycheck, or simply write a personal check to Lake Washington Schools Foundation and present it to your workplace giving campaign manager.
Many companies have employee giving programs that generously match an employee’s monetary contributions to qualified nonprofits. Your employer may even donate money for every hours that you volunteer your time with us.
United Way Campaigns
If Lake Washington Schools Foundation is not listed by your employer in your workplace giving campaign, you can designate Lake Washington Schools Foundation in the “Specific Organization” or “donor option” section of your United Way pledge form. Ask your campaign coordinator how to do this if it is not clear.
If you work a government agency, such as the State of Washington, state universities, the federal government, City of Seattle, King County, as well as many other counties and cities, you can find Lake Washington Schools Foundation listed in the campaign catalog. Once you have found us, write our code number on your payroll pledge form. If your agency has no catalog, ask your campaign coordinator how you may designate your gift to Lake Washington Schools Foundation.
ATTENTION KING COUNTY EMPLOYEES: Did you know we are participating in your Annual Giving Drive? To make a pledge or gift to Lake Washington Schools Foundation, please use the KCEGP code 9731.
Support While You Shop
Take advantage of this growing number of opportunities to support the Lake Washington Schools Foundation’s mission by buying products you want and need.
Before you head into your holiday shopping, take a moment to set Lake Washington Schools Foundation as your Amazon Smile beneficiary, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to LWSF.
Microsoft Bing, Xbox and Microsoft Store
Give with Bing enables you donate to the Lake Washington Schools Foundation just by searching the web (or using Xbox or Microsoft Store). When you select LWSF to be the recipient of your Microsoft Rewards, all of your searches using Microsoft Bing earns LWSF Rewards points automatically donated as cash.
How to start:
- Click here and then click on “join now.”
- If you are not already a Microsoft Rewards member, it will prompt you to register for Microsoft Rewards.
- Once you’ve registered, on the Give with Bing page designate Lake Washington Schools Foundation as the recipient of your rewards and turn on “Give Mode.”
Other Ways to Make an Impact
Stock and Other Appreciated Securities: To electronically transfer gifts of stock, please contact us at 425-936-1414 to obtain the information necessary to facilitate the transfer.
Estate Plans: Consider naming Lake Washington Schools Foundation a beneficiary of your will, insurance policy, retirement plan or trust.
Donor Bill of Rights
Lake Washington Schools Foundation staff, Board Trustees and volunteers will adhere to the following Donor Bill of Rights, as adapted from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), in order to assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors full confidence in Lake Washington Schools Foundation and their relationship with it.
All Lake Washington Schools Foundation donors have these rights:
- To be informed of Lake Washington Schools Foundation’s mission, of the way Lake Washington Schools Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on Lake Washington Schools Foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to Lake Washington Schools Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships related to philanthropy with individuals representing Lake Washington Schools Foundation will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Lake Washington Schools Foundation or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that Lake Washington Schools Foundation may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.