What is a Foundation Ambassador?
Ambassadors are both essential partners to LWSF and wonderful advocates for their school. As an ambassador, you are:
- Actively involved and connected with the school community through PTSA, volunteering, etc.
- Familiar with and interested in the mission, goals and activities of the Foundation.
- Willing to promote the work of the Foundation at appropriate opportunities at your school.
- Willing to provide feedback and serve in an advisory role to LWSF when needed
Activities of a Foundation Ambassador:
- Pass along and promote inclusion of Foundation information and announcements in the newsletter in your school community.
- Work with LWSF Communication & Marketing Chair/s to publicize Foundation grants awarded to your school.
- Provide information about the needs of your school community and share potential areas that LWSF could partner with your school PTSA
- Provide feedback and serve in an advisory role about Foundation activities when requested.
- Encourage attendance by your school community at the Foundation’s annual Spring Luncheon
- Potentially serve on advisory committees for LWSF, such as the RFS review reader committee.
Ambassador Info Meeting Recording
On December 9, 2021, LWSF held an Ambassador Info Meeting for community members interested to learn more about the role of our ambassadors. Our Executive Director, Katy Philips, was present to share the work of the Foundation, and to listen to feedback on how LWSF could better support school communities. You can view the meeting recording here.
If you are an adult who can give 1-2 hours per month to support the mission of LWSF and be a wonderful advocate for your school, please contact [email protected] for more information!