The Reaching For Success Grants
Applications must be received in the Lake Washington Schools Foundation office by 4pm Friday, February 28, 2014 16250 NE 74th St. Redmond, WA 98052
(LWSD Resource Center)
The Reaching for Success Grant program encourages creative educational programs that help a school meet its Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) goals. To accomplish this, the Foundation provides financial resources for specific approaches that enhance or expand our District’s curriculum. These proposed programs are to be consistent with the District’s priorities and grade level targets, as well as in line with the Foundation mission to support academic excellence and success for all students in the Lake Washington School District. Grant applications may propose projects that benefit an individual classroom, a specific grade-level, or an entire school. The grant process is straightforward, but timing is crucial, as we cannot consider late applications.
Here are some details and important dates regarding the Reaching for Success grants:
• School principals must approve, rank, and submit all applications from their schools; anyone may help prepare the application.
• A Grant Writing workshop was held on February 6, 2014 at the Resource Center. The slide show is posted at right.
• Each grant has a maximum budget amount of $3,000.
• Four copies of the application are due in the LWSF office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2014. We cannot accept faxed or e-mailed applications.
• Applicants will be emailed notification of award by June 17, 2014
Interested in applying? Use the forms and information documents listed in the box on the right to develop your grant.
Reaching for Success Information